APPLY FOR NYC MEDIA LAB'S XR STARTUP BOOTCAMP!
The next NYC Media Lab startup bootcamp program kicks off in September 2018. The program requires in-person participation from all team members. The location of the program will be at the Brooklyn Navy Yard, unless otherwise noted. Applications are open until August 3, 2018
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are seeking NYC university-based teams that endeavor to start new companies. We intend to fund teams that are experimenting with technologies that advance the future of virtual and augmented reality, voice and audio and other future interfaces. We are interested in teams that are focused on:
- new forms of communication
- new systems for the creation, distribution or consumption of media
- new methods for understanding, analyzing or evaluating media
Our program will empower teams to adopt the "lean" startup method to search for and develop a business model for their startup concept.
June and July 2018: Recruitment
VIRTUAL INFORMATION SESSIONS: RSVP for one of the following virtual information sessions here.
- Thursday, June 21: Google Hangout from 2:00pm-3:00pm EST
- Wednesday, July 11: Google Hangout from 10:00-11:00am EST
- Tuesday, July 24: Google Hangout from 12:00noon -1:00pm EST
IN-PERSON INFORMATION SESSIONS
- Tuesday, June 26: Breakfast at NYU Media & Games Network from 9:00am-10:00am EST. RSVP here.
- Thursday, July 19: Happy Hour at Parsons School of Design from 4:00-6:00pm EST. RSVP here.
August 2018: Deadline, Interviews and Selection of Cohort
- August 3: Deadline
- Wednesday, August 8: Finalist Interviews in New York City
- Thursday, August 9: Finalist Interviews in New York City
- Monday August 13: Finalist Interviews in New York City
- ~August 16: Selection of Cohort
Full details on the program: bit.ly/xrstartupbootcamp
Questions? Email Amy Chen, Director of Entrepreneurship Programs at: amy.chen[@]nycmedialab.org