Tech, Media & Democracy, a pan-university initiative to defend independent media and journalism, has planned the third in its series of conversations on the topic.
Hosted by Buzfeed, this discussion will discuss fake news crisis:
Trust, fake news and misinformation: what are the tech tools needed to win this battle?
"The “fake news” concerns span anything from deliberate misinformation to politicians and others undermining trust in news media. Can technology be harnessed to address these issues, and how? What tools are needed for journalists to better understand and respond to misinformation dissemination on different platforms? How to react to credibility attacks? What are the best ways to support trust/fact-checking? How to use technology to set truth-seeking organizations apart?"
- Gilad Lotan, BuzzFeed VP, Head of Data Science (@gilgul) (host and moderator)
- Sasha Koren, Editor, Guardian Mobile Lab (@SashaK)
- Alexis Lloyd, Chief Design Officer, Axios (@alexislloyd)
- Cory Haik, Chief Strategy Officer, Mic (@coryhaik)
- Benjamin Decker, Research Coordinator, Storyful (@btdecker)
Registration is open for the discussion on Monday, December 11th. Join the newsletter to hear about future events, and visit the group's event page to listen to past discussions.