A unique data for social good program, sponsored by Bloomberg, for PhD data science students
Apply today! Deadline: May 29. See below for details.
* Be PhD students at NYC-area universities
* Have a background in data science (computer science, statistics, operations research or related field)
* Spend 3 days in July, August or early September 2018 at a participating non-profit, working with them on a tightly defined data science task
* Attend Data for Good Exchange on September 16, 2018 and participate in a panel about their experience
* Pair fellows with nonprofits
* Help fellows and nonprofits define the immersion task and plan the immersion
* Arrange travel for fellows to/from their nonprofit and to/from Data for Good Exchange
NYC Media Lab will:
* Provide an honorarium for participating fellows
* Manage the panel at Data for Good Exchange
To apply, please send a CV and a letter of support from your advisor to: email@example.com no later than May 29, 2018.
For more info about Data for Good Exchange, see https://www.bloomberg.com/company/d4gx/
For info about last year's Immersion Day program, see https://medium.com/@nycmedialab/data-for-good-bloomberg-supports-data-scientists-work-with-nonprofits-and-municipalities-to-solve-6d9ce6360ea8